Not every Seal is a Selkie...

I had a long birthday weekend recently, & my Husband took me on a day out to the Gweek seal sanctuary.  http://www.sealsanctuary.co.uk/corn1.html
 Its a place we've always meant to visit (my Husband had not been since he was at school) & so, on a warm summers day we went to visit the seals...

















Beautiful creatures... we spent 5 hours there, mostly by the grey seals in the convalescence pool, & I took hundreds of photos, many of which can be seen on my Facebook page. 
They had so much character & were a joy to visit. The sanctuary is also a lovely place, set on the Helford estuary it has stunning scenery for seals & visitors alike.
So glad we went, & I now have plenty of reference photos to draw selkies... :)


Comments

  1. they are so pretty! thank you for sharing with us. happy belated birthday!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely day. Beautiful creatures.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura x

    Thanks Karen, they are beautiful indeed. Don't think it will be my last visit either :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts